Moving to jCmail
The old student e-mail inboxes will remain available for until November 18, 2010. After that, the IT Department will shut down all old e-mail inboxes, and all students will need to use their jCmail accounts.
However, we want to make sure that you don't lose everything you had in your old e-mail inbox, so we're making it easy for you to move all your old e-mail into your new jCmail account.
Here's how to do it:
- Open Outlook (you must have your old Outlook e-mail open to move your information to jCmail).
- Click on the Windows start menu. In the search box, type: \\msditstore\public\gmail (you need to be connected to the campus network to use this link)
- Double-click the application OutlookMigrationSetup and run the application.
- After starting Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook®, you're prompted to sign in to your Google Apps account.
- *Note: If the application does not open immediately, go to the Windows start menu>Programs>Google Application Migration>open Google Application Migration for Microsoft Outlook
Now just sit back and let your data import.
If you have any questions or issues migrating your old e-mail information, contact the Help Desk at ext. 4357.